Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Julie,

While you are still in Pleasanton, see if you can get a job doing anything for that big software company there. You know the one I mean - it now has a different name because it was acquired by a bigger software company on the other side of SF.

When you are ready to move to TV, then start looking for jfor a transfer to a position that let you work from home. You could even go to their Orlando office (or Tampa office) occasionally.

Cryptic Kate
Dear Cryptic Kate,

As luck would have it we will be leaving P-town November 23rd. So instead of looking for a job, I am packing. The funny thing is that the first (actually 2nd, but first to make it to escrow) person with intentions of buying our house works for the smaller software company that was swallowed up by the biggest software company in the world. He said they still have a small portion of the building that carries the old name.

Quote:
Julie, you are obviously younger (like our Kate) and eager to work at something that you find fulfilling. Good for you. We'll look forward to hearing updates!
Bare, When I was in college I was ALWAYS the oldest person in my classes. Thankfully, the kids were nice to me (I tell my son if there are ever any old people in his classes to be welcoming to them because it can be akward). My ticket into the "Land of OZ," as JeanneBeannie calls it, is my dear husband. Yes, I married an old fart, lucky me. I am a little on the younger side when it comes to TV and I'm really looking forward to being on this side for at least a few years.