View Single Post

Old 01-30-2024, 12:42 PM
Smile Spinning Wheel, Got to go round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have not been taking the golf cart enough to get it serviced and had had a flat a while back. But the lug nuts are on so hard that they do not seem to budge even with deep penetrating oil. I do have an electric lug wrench but it just seems to make a lot of noise and not do much of anything. It is a two speed electric lug wrench. Do I have to go Tim the Toolman on the project? Hire a handyman? Or just what?

Does the Villages Golf Cart seller that has shops in the various Squares pick up golf carts or do you have to drop it off now?
So I had the problem of the wheels (any one of the 4) spinning from the REMOVAL torque. A friend mentioned to me that I needed to do it in the street. Moving the cart out there worked. The asphalt provided the necessary friction for removal with all my body weight and pulling on a 4-way wrench. It is not a quick battle! Fortunately, once you break all 4 wheels free, you can re-install them in a more practical fashion with a MUCH lower than factory torque. Good luck with it!