View Single Post

Old 01-30-2024, 03:46 PM
Location: 1711 Pebble Beach Ln, Country Club Hills, Lady Lake
Default Has anyone gotten their dog tested for allergies?

I have the best punkin, a Morkie, 5lbs, 7.5 years old, but she has such a bad problem with itching and scratching and licking her paws. I’ve taken her to a vet who gave her some medicine that only partially helped and as soon as the medicine was gone she was back at it. I’ve stopped giving her chicken, then beef, I now have her on Primal Freeze Dried Venison. Vet also prescribed special shampoo and special spray but that isn’t helping. I’m at my wit’s end. I’ve been told to get her tested for allergies. That costs I believe around $4-500 but that is ok. But I want to make sure it is done by a reputable vet that I can trust. I have taken her to Country Oaks but she sees a different vet every time she goes and they tell me different things.

I also was told to take her to this animal hospital, I don’t remember the name of it. If anyone knows where “The Dog House” groomers are, you go south past there place until the next light, take a right and I’m sorry I don’t remember the rest. But I was told I could get my Callie allergy tested there.

I also have been told to take her to Gainesville to the UofF Vet School, that they are the best. I’ve tried putting powdered pro & pre-biotics on her food but she won’t eat her food. She is a very picky eater. Any advice would be very appreciated!!!

Oh, if y’all could add phone numbers, or addresses, or websites that would help a lot!!