View Single Post

Old 01-30-2024, 06:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,626 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
I posted yesterday about building in Village of Mautltrie Creek and was pleasantly surprised by the number and quality of the responses. I am now leaning towards renting in TV before buying or building. My wife and I love the Villages and it finally gave us inspiration to downsize and move to Florida. Still have a few years before retiring. High speed Internet is a MUST for my job.

Any tips or insights on renting, targeting August.

Thanks in advance
You have to options for rent long term 6 months or longer.. of the long term you can rent furnished or unfurnished. As long term renter you will be responsible for electric, gas, wifi and cable or streaming, in an unfurnished, and resident ID$50. This is the least rent
Long term furnished utilities an be included, ID $50. This however locks you into same house and same neighborhood.

What I would suggest is find furnished house in August for a month in one area in farthest South village

September One Month near Brownwood

October one Month near LSL

November one month in Spanish Springs.

Then find what area you like best and start to narrow different villages for however many months you choose.

Yep you move a lot but it’s just personal stuff, and you will find an area you like. Also pick different houses designer, verandas, CYVs and so on.

In early years we had short term rentals, after few years switching to all long term rentals, all of tenants ended up as great friends