Thread: Seat extension?
View Single Post

Old 01-31-2024, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,720 Times in 3,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hadley View Post
I understand that there is a foot pedal extension available. Not sure who sells them but you might check with the golf cart stores.
The problem with that extension is that it only goes on the gas pedal, not the brake pedal.

So if you're driving along, your foot on the gas, and have to brake, it's very awkward to lift your foot from the gas pedal and then over AND down to reach the brake pedal. It's harder for your leg to shift like that.

If you move your body forward on the seat (with a cushion behind you) then both pedals will be in line with each other, and no adjusting needed from your leg/foot every single time you need to step on the brake.

With the cushion, my heel is usually on the floor of the cart, and the rest of my foot just turns a little to the right for the gas, a little to the left for the brake. Without the cushion, and the pedal block on the gas, I have to lift my entire leg up just to get from the brake to the gas, and stretch my leg and my entire body just to reach the brake pedal.

The whole point of needing anything at all, is to avoid having to sit in an awkward position to drive. They forget the brake pedal is needed for driving as well.