View Single Post

Old 02-04-2024, 05:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,109 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
Trying to understand whether it makes sense to start out my village journey with a new or used Golf cart, electric or gas? My sense tells me to buy used until I have a better sense of what I will need it for, other than golf and the occasional leisurely rides to the town squares. I am not retired yet so will probably drive to stores if it’s faster. It seems like electric carts would depreciate faster given the steady decline of the battery.

If I go with a gas cart, how many miles do these things run on average before repairs become more frequent? Would like a general idea of when to buy and sell, to minimize depreciation and breakdowns. Looking for the proverbial Goldilocks zone.

Based on my recent visit, Yamaha seems like the most popular gas power cart in the Villages??

I am interested in all opinions. I have no basis for making a decision yet. Thanks in advanced.

Golf Cart Gas

Golf Cart Insurance

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...2&pp=25&page=4

The golf cart is king at The Villages, but ...

Golf cart insurance

Atomic Golf Carts...............SLAM away

Golf carts $$$$$ ripoff

Does anyone have an informed opinion on ICON EV Golf Carts?

Carts and Clubs in Ocala sold…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
go with a gas yamaha, 200 miles on a tank of gas. as far as repairs go, things go,but not often. may need a belt ,battery, tires.
Just don't plan on moving and bringing your cart. Hardly a retirement community in the USA, allows gas powered golf carts. They went out of style about 20 years ago, everywhere but The Villages.

Last edited by BrianL99; 02-04-2024 at 06:04 PM.