View Single Post

Old 02-05-2024, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,089 Times in 4,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
I have a 25 year old electric Club Car DS. I replaced the lead acid batteries three years ago with LFP batteries which will still be good for several more years. It will take me wherever I want to go and has never run out of juice. I just plug it in at the end of the day and it is ready to go. No gas or oil to leak in my garage like my neighbors did. No cart fires like a couple of recent gas cart fires. No exhaust fumes or noise. No myriad of filters, injectors, parts to replace. No tune ups or oil changes needed. I have seen a number of gas carts waiting on a tow but never an electric one. It's a no-brainer. Go electric. Those who still prefer gas are just resistant to change even it is good. My dad never wanted a front wheel drive car or a CVT transmission or 4-wheel drive without locking hubs but it has all been good.
The Villages Florida
Any statistics on how many "gas carts" caught on fire (short of throwing a cigar in the tank) vs. "lithium battery carts"??? I don't know either, but I have a pretty good idea---never had a gas tank blow up while getting charged
Gas carts getting towed----very rare, and can be filled if out of gas
Electric carts getting towed----out of juice and can't be filled up