View Single Post

Old 02-05-2024, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,724 Times in 982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Yes, I saw that as well. I think that men are a bit more aggressive, especially when they think they can win, many of them just want to win, no matter against whom or with whom they are playing.
In tournament mixed, it's expected. I don't like to play tournament mixed because I don't like to play that way, partly because I can't move well enough anymore to take the whole court. I tried it a couple of times, both times with partners I had not had a chance to practice with, and both times my partners got frustrated with me because I wasn't taking up 75% of the court. I didn't find it to be much fun.

Now, in rec play most women don't really want the guy to do that because they actually want to play the ball. I would want to as well. I've been on the court with guys who want to crowd me and keep pushing me into a smaller part of the court. Sometimes even after a brief conversation they continue to do it. Sometimes it takes a smart wrap on the arm with a paddle to get the point across more convincingly. OOPS, sorry, I thought that was my ball.