View Single Post

Old 02-05-2024, 10:09 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,229 Times in 757 Posts

Interesting thread…..

My guess is that refusing to give a water cup is the policy of the franchisee and not a corporate policy over all. Sometimes the name of the franchisee is posted in the restaurant. Could be interesting to ask.

As far as prices go, eating out Is starting to make me feel stupid. Yes. There has been inflation, but it looks to me like restaurants, especially the chains, are way into price-gouging.

Inflation is coming down now, but you can bet your sweet bippy that restaurant prices will not.

Now, there is whining across the land that the Fed needs to start cutting. As one who has thought for decades that money was way too cheap, I hope the Fed holds a little longer and then takes baby steps, teeny-tiny baby steps.

Anyway, back to topic. . .If this is the franchisee’s business decision, they are going to see see even more turnover in employees — which are not easy to find anyway. Just imagine the increase in complaints, and sometimes even anger, that the people at the counter have to put up with from customers who just want water with their food.

Sure there are thieves among us who think taking pop they did not pay for is OK when, of course, it’s not and they know it. There are also things that go on in sit-down restaurants that might not be stealing but sure are rude….

(On a neighborhood outing to a restaurant in TV, I once found myself sitting across from a woman I did not know who ordered water — that part was OK — but when she said, “And bring me a whole bowl of lemons with it,” I wanted to crawl under the table.)

Price-gouging is starting to make some people think twice about where to spend their money. Add to that no water and it has to hurt the business because……Unrestrained greed is bad economics —eventually.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 02-05-2024 at 10:19 AM.