View Single Post

Old 02-07-2024, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
It amazes me how many people don't understand inflation. The only way to not have inflation is for the world to become totally stagnant. Nothing new, ever. Zero growth. Zero improvement. Tomorrow the same as today. Today same as yesterday, and the day before, as far back as forever.
Inflation is one sign of advancement or improvement. "New and improved" costs more to produce. Therefore it will cost more. Greater population means greater demand for everything. Everything will cost more. It isn't just here, it effects the whole world. It is a fact of life.
PS. And as for BK, I was never a fan. I was also creeper out by the King.
Oh the irony. So many fallacies. Inflation is not caused by innovation, it's caused by too many dollars chasing the same amount of goods, and printing money exacerbates that phenomenon. Some of that is due to the pandemic, supply chains, etc, but an even bigger component is all the money printing to pay for foreign wars, support migrants and other programs.

As far as 'new and improved' costing more, that's not necessarily true. The price of flat screen TVs keep dropping. It's mostly energy and food (the two things we can't live without) that are going up exponentially.