View Single Post

Old 02-08-2024, 06:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,902 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
Based on how a golf cart is built, the pricing by Evolution is more inline with what I would expect (I spent nearly 30 years in the automotive industry). Pricing for carts at $20K+ is absolutely ridiculous and has a huge profit margin.

I looked carefully at all three models for the forward facing 4 seaters. The build quality is comparable with regards to the frame and seats, but I found the Evolution to be much more comfortable to ride in. I went from a 2017 Yamaha with El Tigre seats to the D5, and so far, the D5 is superior in every way.

One thing to note is that the previous models of Evolution were a much cheaper built cart (list $8K-$9K), and didn't have all the extra features. The D5 is a completely redesigned cart with a much better frame, better suspension, and improved electronics.

Yamaha's and EZ-GO's are more expensive because they don't build all the cool features into the carts - they are all added at the dealership and = $$'s for the dealership. Evolution builds the features into the cart at the factory.

With Evolution, the single biggest thing to get right is the dealer. If they know the cart and know how to work with Evolution, you'll be fine. I can't help but think that Villages Discount dropped Evolution because the profit margin on the other vehicles is so much higher.

Botero ONLY carries Evolution, and has done so for many years, so I don't think they are going anywhere.
Evolution golf carts are made in China and only assembled in the U.S. do we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution? If you like tariffs on steel, should we have tariffs on these golf carts? (That said, I have to admit that my iPad and iPhone were largely made in China.)