View Single Post

Old 02-08-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok, I like vanilla Oreo’s with my 10% chocolate milk. Here’s the dilemma? The Oreo’s takes extremely long time for the chocolate milk to wick and soften the Oreo’s. While when I use 10% white milk they get soft at least 5 times faster.

This leave me to conclude The chocolate milk with chocolate added has bigger molecules while the white milk has smaller molecules which wicks into the Oreo’s faster?

I sure there chemistry major out there to solve this dilemma?

No, I haven’t tried it with chocolate Oreo’s see if same dilemma cause I only like the vanilla ones.
First of all, if this was done at your home was the A/C or heat running at the time? This greatly lowers the humidity which is a major factor in Oreo absorption rates. Next, if the A/C or heat was not on were the windows and/or doors open? This can affect the air flow through your home which also changes absorption rate. Thirdly, were these Oreos the first in the package, from the middle or the last removed from the package? The Oreos are hermetically sealed at the packing plant to avoid exposure to outside air and how long they have been exposed can make a major difference in absorbability. And lastly, are the chocolate Oreos and the vanilla Oreos packaged at the same plant? Latitude and longitude of the packing location can also have an effect. Oh, one more thing. What about the rotation of the earth in relation to when the Oreos were packed, when they were purchased, when the package was opened and how much time after the opening the Oreos were dunked?

You are welcome!