View Single Post

Old 02-08-2024, 08:58 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I don't necessarily agree with a financial punishment but maybe not let them book another timeslot for 7 days would suffice.

I was definitely getting irritated during the last month when people were clearly being "no shows" due to suboptimal weather on some days.
Well that certainly is a much more logical "punishment" than imposing monetary "fines" in this type of senior community. I'd even say as many as ten days of revoking the privilege of making advanced reservations would not be unreasonable. But the trouble with this type of thing is it would require an entire plan for "refereeing and reviewing individual cases; like a person who missed the tee time because they passed out due to blood sugar and were taken to ER, but after treatment and insulin adjustment, was perfectly fine to return to normal activities. Should that person loose his/her privilege or be fined ? What about the guy to runs to help a neighbor with an emergency ? Some might say "one offs", but in a community this large, IMO it could take full time employees to review and rule on all the situations that could arise ! Just bar offenders from the reservation system for a time, next "offense" automatically add 2 additional days, 3 offenses, 2 MORE days and so on. Highly unlikely an individual would have 3 or 4 legitimate "emergencies" in a month or two ? If there are any open times, offenders can just take a chance on showing up and finding one but blocked out of reservation system automatically for the prescribed "penalty" time.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 02-08-2024 at 09:01 PM. Reason: add word for clarity