View Single Post

Old 02-09-2024, 08:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,106 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
Buy a good quality used EZGO like this one with old lead batteries. Then spend another 3 to 4 grand on lithium batteries. For around 8 grand you will have a reliable maintenance free cart for ten years with operating cost a fraction of a gas one. Range of 80-90 miles is more than adequate. I live near Lopez (way north). Yesterday carted to Southern Oaks, played 18, drove to Sumter Landing, then to Spanish Springs, then home. No range issues. 55-60 miles and still had 45% battery reserve. Quieter, more torque, zero smell. Gas is the past. Go ⚡️

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Sounds like a VERY optimistic assessment of electric range----far in excess of what the manufacturers claim. Count me as suspicious as to the validity of that claim.
I have a 210 Amp Electric (which is as large as generally available).

I couldn't come close to making the trip as described, unless maybe if I drove the cart at 5 MPH. There's not a human alive, who could stand to drive a golf cart from OB to Southern Oaks, at 5 mph.

OBH to Southern Oaks is 16 miles each way + 7 miles to play a round of golf. At a cruising speed of 20 mph to get there and back, I'd be sweating out the ride home. I'd sure as hell not have enough charge to include a side trip to Brownwood and still have almost 50% charge left, when I got home.