View Single Post

Old 02-10-2024, 05:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,735 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFitness View Post
I will be visiting in 2 weeks and will likely purchase a Patio in either Dabney or Moultrie Creek. I can save about $30k in Dabney when considering bond. Maybe more when considering future costs of building materials if I wait even longer.

For those who purchased in the newer sections (Lake Denham, Dabney); does the drive north get old ? Are you worried that you will feel cut off as new development goes south on the other side of the turnpike ?

I've seen some people state they think another cart connection will be built (maybe CR470) in the future. Aside from Lake Denham and Dabney residents, who would that really benefit (so why would they bother building it) ? Is more development going to happen south of Dabney north/east of the turnpike ?
Have you visited TV before?
If not, you would be doing yourself a favor to make a few visits and spend some time here before you take the plunge.

What will you be driving north for? If it's for golf, then you really need to consider some other areas. I'm in Poinciana, a Village that was built about 18 years ago, and is about as central to all of the current championship courses as you can get. I made the drive by golf cart down to Southern Oaks yesterday. That's about 30-35 minutes by golf cart. Lopez, in the opposite direction, is about the same. That's as long as I want to sit in a golf cart before I play golf. And I wouldn't want to have to do that every time I play golf. Most are 15-20 minutes, some are as close as 5 or 10.

The concept of TV, when they were building north of 44, and even more so north of 466A is that everything would be within a comfortable cart ride. Executive golf, Championship Golf, squares, rec centers, pools...and not just one, but multiple choices of all of the above.

That isn't possible right now, and won't be for a long time, if it ever is, with the way things are developing as TV spreads southward. So if that's what you want, you won't get it. If you want something else, it may work for you.
You really need to see it all to make a good decision.