View Single Post

Old 02-10-2024, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,014 Times in 5,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhonard View Post
I'm seeking a tree service to trim my Sylvester palms. I cannot find any references fo Smart's Tree Service in this forum. They are registered with BBB A starting in 2018. Since there are no negative or positive comments, I don't put much weight on BBB. His card says he is licensed and insured, with 20 years of experience. I checked the license status on MyFloridaLicense.com – License efficiently. Regulate fairly. and got no verification. However, I have run a couple of well-known tree services through the website and came up empty-handed as well. I would appreciate it if anyone who knows about them let me know your thoughts.
The company is an LLC (limited liability company). This is basically a name registration, NOT a license. If the business card says the company is licensed and insured, I would ask for the license number and proof of insurance.

In my opinion, Google reviews are totally worthless. Some companies have thousands of 5-star Google reviews. I would suggest that you select 2 or 3 reviewer names from the recent Google reviews, and ask the company to provide their phone number so you can call to verify the review.