View Single Post

Old 02-10-2024, 08:36 AM
Default Missed Tee Times

It has become increasingly difficult to book a tee time for our foursome, which I blame on groups who put in blocks of tee times fully knowing that a portion of their group will not show up. I don't believe fining individuals is a workable solution for reasons too numerous to mention; however, a previous post mentioned suspension of privileges for a period of time, and I support this,

Thevillages.net could easily modify their website to maintain a count of an individual's missed tee times. If a player fails to show, or call in he/she receives three points. If they fail to show on their next date, then the points accumulate to six thus resulting in a predetermined suspension period, which would show up on the computers at the course check-in. "Sorry pal, but you can't play for the next seven, ten, two weeks, etc".

I believe there should be consequences for bad behavior. As my daddy once said " A significant emotional event changes behavior". At some point, people will get the word and stop their foolishness........perhaps.