View Single Post

Old 02-11-2024, 10:29 AM

This is a real important conversation and I thank the OP for raising it in Disney Land for seniors. It is something none of us want to face until it is too late.

I am a full time caregiver for my husband and I do have children and grandchildren, but I still have to worry about what happens to me when I have done my job with my husband. After living in one of the earlier villages north of 466 and seeing so many of my neighbors needing help, I have done some research and think the best way to go is private nursing care. Most Assisted Living facilities start at $10K a month and you can get some good care starting at $40 an hour. However, in the event that my brain goes I am hoping someone in my family will handle my affairs.

I think this idea is well worth thinking about if you are truly alone in this world. One of my neighbors is a widow, she played golf with a ladies group, three of them sold their smaller homes and purchased a brand new Premium and live together taking care of each other. They did have an elder attorney who set up everything for them.