Thread: Etiquette....
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2024, 08:59 AM

Pace of play is always an issue. Some of this comes from the fact that we live in a retirement community and people will take their time. We always try to get the first tee time in the morning, that way we don't have to wait for anyone but the grounds crew, we do have to wait sometimes because the starters will send out a buddy or accomplished golfer(s) ahead of us. IN most cases they get out and we never see them again, unless we catch them shagging balls out of the ponds.

We are casual golfers, we're not playing in a tournament or posting scores. Since most courses don't have a driving range or a place to hit balls before the round, we allow mulligan or breakfast ball. We allow one per round, but we keep the pace going. We played Gray Fox this weekend, got started and finished the first hole, saw the groups just pulling up to the first tee box, after that we didn't see anyone until we finished the 6th hole and they were 3 holes behind us.

As for standing behind you when you hit, yes normal etiquette unless you are playing with people with vision issues. Also, while I agree its your job to watch your ball it isn't always possible and if your not watching for other peoples balls you could be adding to the playing time, by having to look for the ball.

From my personal experience, the bigger issues come from not playing Ready Golf, walkers that don't know where to leave their bags, I guess drivers that don't know where to park and finally people playing from the Blacks when they should be playing from the Golds or Greens....