Thread: Etiquette....
View Single Post

Old 02-13-2024, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,074 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Other are concerned about it, because all you don't know about golf, is coming through loud and clear. Folks who don't know anything about golf, seem to think their job on a golf course, is to stay ahead of the folks behind them. That's not the case. Your responsibility is to keep up to the folks in front of you ... not "play in an allotted time".

"When your group is assigned another player"? Get off your high horse and entitled attitude. Your group isn't "assigned" anything. You're playing a public course, that everyone has the exact same rights to, as you or your group. I'm sure the other players "assigned" to your group, go home and tell their friends about the "group he got stuck with".

If I was "assigned" to your group, the second you told me you were taking mulligans at will and using the golf course for "practice", I'd be on my way to see the head Professional at whatever Championship course managed the Exec you were on.

If you want to "practice" on a golf course, show up at 5:45 and just maybe, they'll be no one around to explain how golf courses operate. In the meantime, please reserve your practice for the driving ranges, that's what they're for.
The Villages courses were designed for Villagers and not the public so they are not public courses. Now we can argue what the definition of public is… lol… and my group tries not to upset our “guest” so to speak. Within reason we try to accommodate his/her wishes too. But we will not put up with bullying. And so far it has worked out, happily. Actually when I was a very beginner, I did get the last tee for the day regularly.

Last edited by Velvet; 02-13-2024 at 08:18 PM.