View Single Post

Old 02-14-2024, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
When someone says that Hurricanes are decreasing. That is pretty ambiguous. By WHAT measure are they SUPPOSED (?) to be decreasing? Two basic measures would be frequency and intensity. The last thing that I have read is that hurricanes are predicted to increase in intensity, but maybe not in frequency. The logic behind the increase in intensity is Global Warming and the warming of all oceans of the world.
......In fact, I believe that I have read that there may soon be a need for a category SIX for Hurricanes because of expected INCREASED wind speeds due to the higher energy stored in the warmer ocean water.
.........Also, a point of discussion might be that the climate predictions of increased temperatures for the next 10 (or more ?) years does not seem to be believed (or never researched) by the INCREASED numbers of northerners that seem to be relocating recently to FLORIDA.
........Maybe they all plan on living in Florida in a special air conditioned suit to play Pickleball in during the summer. And maybe they hope to live in DOME houses to survive the strong hurricane winds on the coast and maybe here.
Simple graph with simple question ... why are hurricanes decreasing? Too much CO2?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	hurricane.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	102837