View Single Post

Old 02-15-2024, 06:40 AM

Welcome!!! I think you will love it here. I drive passengers to the airport professionally, and personally fly Spirit almost exclusively. For a direct ride from Dabney to MCO, you’re looking at a 50 min trip. We still allow that extra 10 min, and would pick you up 3 hours before departure. Some folks who are not checking bags will ask us to trim that to 2.5 hours before. The turnpike can be messy. I don’t know how a shuttle does it, but we use Waze. It will divert us if there are significant delays. We have never had a rider miss a flight—a typical traffic issue may cost 20 min or so at most.

When you get to the airport, you will be dropped off at the Spirit doors. The great news is that is right at the security lines, so it’s super close, not far to walk.

Even if you don’t have TSA precheck, you can go to this site and reserve your time at TSA: Save Your Spot
It cuts your time in line. My daughter used it, and made it through TSA in about 10 min during a pretty busy time.

As far as what time to book Groome, is there a way to input the time you want to be at the airport? This is where you will want to pad your time if you’re not sure whether there are stops between your house and the airport.

Hope that helps! :-)