View Single Post

Old 02-15-2024, 08:51 AM
Sage

The required power goes as the cube of the velocity. You will require about 70% more power to drive at 20 mph than 24 mph. Reducing your speed will increase your range considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I live as far north and east as you can get in The Villages - In Phillips Villas just off hwy 42 near the VA. Until recently, I had a Yamaha Drive 2. I recently got an Evolution D5 Ranger with 4 forward facing seats. With a 205ah battery I can go to Southern Oaks (21 mile trip), play golf, and after getting home I have 25% battery left. Battery drain is fairly consistent at 7 miles per 10% of battery with a cruising speed of 24. Allowing for never going below 10% charge, my max range is in the 60-65 mile range.

Folks saying they can go 60 miles on a 100ah battery seems far fetched. I don't care how well engineered the cart is. My guess is that their speedometer is not set correctly and is not showing the correct mileage. I agree with the poster that offered $100 to see it done in real life - I would come to watch and document - as an engineer, I don't think it's possible.