Thread: Forever Young!
View Single Post

Old 02-15-2024, 09:38 AM

First - Thank you for your service.

Second - I would say definitely check out all the areas, your amenities and your options based on what your interests are, how far you would want to go to something via cart or car. Off season rates are reasonable and may give you more of an opportunity to check things out, just remember that its much busier during in season. Pick up a newspaper on Thursday and look at the villages Recreation insert or look at it online (VCDD Rec News) (recreation and parks publication)
or look at this site for the weekly insert, https://online.flippingbook.com/view/10419946/

Third - look into the property taxes. This can be confusing. If live in the county limits area you pay only county taxes. If you are also in a City limit, example Wildwood or Leesburg, you will pay county and city property tax. The villages and the cites are working out agreements and the cities are annexing count property into city limits to help provide amenities to the growth of the villages.
Lake county is higher rate than Sumter. Check out your various property tax exemptions in the different counties since you are a vet. Example Tax & Exemptions - Sumter County Property Appraiser

Fourth - Look into the deed restrictions, most are similar but they can vary from district to district. Lots of info here Village Community Development Districts

If I think of more I will post it.
Good Luck.