View Single Post

Old 02-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,767 Times in 473 Posts

Even though I’m just a 5 minute cart ride to Brownwood, I find myself in the far southern villages multiple times per week. The vast majority of my friends I’ve met since moving to TV live in the Sawgrass and Magnolia Plaza areas. This area has a different “vibe”, and I relate more to the new residents in these areas. I’m at Sawgrass once or twice a week attending the wonderful show kitchen classes, which in my opinion, is the best “restaurant” in TV, and so entertaining. I’m at boozey bingo at Sawgrass with a great group of friends most Monday nights. I’m in a shuffleboard league that rotates between various rec centers south of 44. I play pickleball every week at the new Dabney Rec Center. I’m at Fenney at least once a week for lunch and walking the nature trails. Most of my indoor activities center around Ezell and Everglades Rec Centers. I’ll go a few weeks without even going to Brownwood. The south for me is a vibrant area where people are super-active and very friendly. I enjoy not being near all the brick-and mortar retail.