View Single Post

Old 02-19-2024, 05:09 PM
Default Official score keeper

Your opponent is the official scorekeeper...................the person walking along and keeping your score electronically is not the official scorekeeper. Its a smart double check, triple check system, to avoid cheating that occurs in many other sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
That's the current process, I am not questioning the current process steps, but the need for that process to continue when you, the scorer, are sitting there with the official answers.

just more paperwork, which is what a player doesn't need to worry about after the day of golf. . . You think that the players sign for their card at the Ryder Cup?

The process should be that the player confirms the official score kept by the scorer, and has the opportunity to challenge / disagree with the official scorer (throws a red flag)

The situation with which I disagree, is when someone on the rules committee tells a golfer that hitting out of the bunker in a flying pile of sand, that he double hit the ball. The player, maybe named John Cook, says "I didn't feel any second hit, but if you say so!", then the player is not keeping his own scorecard, the scorer is, and you can't disagree with him. Again, you are just signing the card to confirm that the official score keeper is correct, nothing more. .