View Single Post

Old 02-21-2024, 11:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
Thank you for the encouraging response...I like the way you think !
Will

With a new Courtyard Villa (carrying a small mortgage) are my estimated in line with reality ? Thank for your opinion.
You can find a villa with the bond paid. However, there will be a maintenance fee of a few hundred dollars on your tax bill. The bond never goes to zero.

When looking at homes, ask the sales agent to run the monthly expenses for you. I feel like I am very knowledgable, but when I bought a few months back, I had the agent do this WITHOUT looking at my estimate. This way, I was certain my numbers were in the ballpark. Each agent will be happy to do this for you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I think I asked around a million while I was looking. It took me 7 months to buy. But, I found what I wanted!

I bought an inherited home that was on the market for 44 days. I made a low ball offer and they came back with a great counter. The family wanted to unload the home quickly because they did not want to continue paying the monthly expenses. Good deals are out there! You have shown you have a smart head on your shoulders. You'll know a great deal when you see it. Good luck!

Last edited by margaretmattson; 02-21-2024 at 11:48 AM.