View Single Post

Old 02-22-2024, 10:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,227 Times in 803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
We are moving in mid march...we have two mid size dogs who are spoiled couch potatoes. We traveled a lot with them in our RV so they are used to being walked etc. We bought a courtyard villa so they will most likely do most of thier hanging out in our yard. We are super duper conscious of picking up after them. And hate people who don't pick up after thier dogs! My question is they do love thier walks..and one of them just LOVES people..he wants everyone to pet him but he knows he has to respect others. Is walking along the walking paths that big of an issue with your dog as I am reading? We don't care for dog parks as people don't watch thier dogs..is this the only options besides our yard? Are dogs really banned from the squares? Just trying to prepare ourselves...

As Tophcfa said, at least 50% of Villagers have dogs and they're welcome most everywhere, by most people, including in the Squares.

My dog is mostly a Golden, so he believes everyone's goal in life, is to pet him. Around The Villages, he seems to be right.

I also think you'll fid a different grade of owners at the Dog Parks, than you're perhaps used to. Most everyone is always conscious of where their dog/s are and what they're doing.