View Single Post

Old 02-22-2024, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
We are moving in mid march...we have two mid size dogs who are spoiled couch potatoes. We traveled a lot with them in our RV so they are used to being walked etc. We bought a courtyard villa so they will most likely do most of thier hanging out in our yard. We are super duper conscious of picking up after them. And hate people who don't pick up after thier dogs! My question is they do love thier walks..and one of them just LOVES people..he wants everyone to pet him but he knows he has to respect others. Is walking along the walking paths that big of an issue with your dog as I am reading? We don't care for dog parks as people don't watch thier dogs..is this the only options besides our yard? Are dogs really banned from the squares? Just trying to prepare ourselves...
I would categorize TV as very dog friendly. Nearly everyone including myself has or had dogs and we love them to death! But… the owners have to deserve it too. It is not the dog’s fault if the owner lets it on another person’s property. It is not the dog’s fault if the owner takes it inside where the dog is not allowed. You may want to check the street you are considering to live on, as to what do the other people who have dogs do? Don’t ask your sales person, guess what is in their best interest to say? If everyone lets dogs crap on their property then it’s expected that you will too. And your property is fair game.

If everyone is respectful of other people’ lawn efforts (and even a tiny lawn here costs thousands a year to maintain as we are working against the natural environment in someways to have a lawn in the first place) then find out where do they take their dogs? Do they get their dog to go on their own property first and then take it for a walk? As most of us do in my neighborhood?

We also have common areas that are more acceptable than private lawns, and we have beautiful dog parks. Not much swimming available for dogs nearby (alligators) so it if that is important to you, buy a home with a pool.

There are no walking paths near my house and most houses but there are sidewalks near by. As far as the squares go, I believe the dancing area at the square is where you don’t want your dogs. The music can be quite loud and certain times very crowded and unless you have the dogs in your lap so they are not stepped on, those times I wouldn’t take them.

On the whole, I can’t imagine where you might be more welcome than TV with your pooches.

Last edited by Velvet; 02-22-2024 at 01:52 PM.