View Single Post

Old 02-22-2024, 12:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,119 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
We are moving in mid march...we have two mid size dogs who are spoiled couch potatoes. We traveled a lot with them in our RV so they are used to being walked etc. We bought a courtyard villa so they will most likely do most of thier hanging out in our yard. We are super duper conscious of picking up after them. And hate people who don't pick up after thier dogs! My question is they do love thier walks..and one of them just LOVES people..he wants everyone to pet him but he knows he has to respect others. Is walking along the walking paths that big of an issue with your dog as I am reading? We don't care for dog parks as people don't watch thier dogs..is this the only options besides our yard? Are dogs really banned from the squares? Just trying to prepare ourselves...
"Banned from the squares"? "No dogs on the walking paths"? "Crazy dog parks"?

What a load of B.S.! Who told you these things? I take my dog to the squares every time we go. I take him on a 3 mile walk every other day, on the MMT that runs down the high voltage lines next to Nancy Lopez all the way from Mulberry down to the dog park. We practice off-the-leash heal on nearly every walk. When we get to the woods surrounding the power plant, he romps off leash all the way around, socializing with all the other dogs doing the same thing. We go to the dog park every day and I can count on one pinky the number of times I have seen a serious problem there -- and that was some 40-something non-villager who thought it would be OK to bring their vicious pit bull to a dog park they had to walk a block just to get to, while they were RVing through Florida.

Whoever told you this must have a vicious un-trained, un-socialized dog that someone complained about. This is the most dog-friendly place I've ever lived!