View Single Post

Old 02-22-2024, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,944 Times in 5,339 Posts
Default Tip - Hunter Irrigation Controller

I have a Hunter Pro-C controller. I have never understood the value of the solar sync sensor connected to this controller. Recently, it automatically changed my watering times to 10 percent of the times that I had programmed via the "Seasonal Adjust" setting. If I changed the setting back to 100 percent, the next day it would automatically reset it to 10 percent. Also, the rain sensor, which is an integral part of the outside solar sync sensor, started to malfunction. So, I decided to disable the solar sync and the rain sensor by disconnecting the green and black wires in the controller and resetting the seasonal adjust setting to 100 percent. Now, I am in total control of when and for how long the irrigation system will operate. I can buy a separate rain sensor if I want, but I don't think it would save enough money to be worth doing. You should check the seasonal adjust setting periodically to determine if the system has changed your watering times. And, if you want to disable the solar sync system, it can be done in about 2 minutes by disconnecting the green and black wires inside the controller. You should also set the seasonal adjust setting to 100 percent. Then, you will have total control of your watering schedule.