View Single Post

Old 02-22-2024, 08:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,147 Times in 573 Posts
Smile Best Wishes

I like to think so. Of course I can’t read minds and I’m not naive. We have a dog, and cant seem to live without one. Lawns can be damaged by female dogs or dogs on medication especially St. Augustine grass. Corner lots are frequently passed several times a day so remember to just keep them away from the lawn. A lawn in The Villages can be a great expense and often has a lot of personal work put into it. Try to be conscious that homeowners pay good money to fertilize, irrigate and cut those green patches. They run into chinch bugs and weeds that can be costly. If grass needs replaced a homeowner has to buy plugs or sod. The best practice is to just keep the dogs away from all the yards and all is great!

Pet Safety
Also when you walk your dog be careful in the summer months. It’s helpful to only walk the dog in the early hours or after dusk. The asphalt gets very warm and can burn the poor things feet. Always feel the roadway before walking when it’s hot out!

If you want the 100% answer, no. If you want the canine owner answer, maybe 80% of the time. There are caninemisos out there. They kind of stink like the land mines one sometimes encounters when owning a pet.

Good luck on your new buy!

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 02-23-2024 at 08:20 AM.