View Single Post

Old 02-23-2024, 07:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,714 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer38 View Post
I know this is like beating a dead horse, and yes, I have read tons of info on the Villages. I will be coming down next week for a quick visit and then working a lifestyle visit in June.

There is no better feedback than having a ride along with a Villages Owner.

I know this may seem out of the ordinary, but would anyone be willing to show me around? Give me the full monty of the place. Especially the best places to buy.

We can meet in a public place and I will show you my license and credentials. I will even buy you lunch or dinner anywhere you want to go. Information that many of you have is invaluable and worth every penny for dinner/lunch. You can even bring your spouse or friend.

Sorry, if this is out of line for this forum, not my intention.

Jim
Your screen name is "Golfer38", and excuse me if I'm jumping to conclusions here, but I am assuming golf is important to you in your decision to explore The Villages. Understand this: despite The Villages website not being clear about this, if proximity to golf is important to you, you need to know that there are not many golf courses south of 44.
If you look at maps and check things out carefully, you will see that between 466 and 466A, (these are 20 year old areas, approximately) there are many many many (a lot) more courses, both executive and championship, within a 15 minute golf cart ride than you will find south of 44.

The brand new homes being built in the brand new villages have many things going for them, but easy access to many golf courses is definitely not one of them.

While The Villages real estate representatives do list and show pre-owned homes, the focus will be on convincing you to buy new. Nothing wrong with that, but you need to know that's where they are coming from.

Enjoy your trip. It's a fun place to be.