View Single Post

Old 02-23-2024, 08:25 AM
Default What Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
Forget ARC. When you build a home, a tree is required by the COUNTY and STATE building codes.( Maybe more than 1 depending on the size of the lot.) And for good reasons.

Yes, they might be low quality and ugly, and should be replaced with better looking and even a better species...... but too many people are choosing to delete having a tree at all, particularly in the new section's smaller front yards.

Think about how much future shade will be cast on all those hot shingles, concrete driveways, and black asphalt roads. Multiply times each home in The Villages.

If you opt for a palm Roebelenii DOES NOT COUNT, nor those dwarf red crepe myrtles or bottlebrush, they just don't get there. Yes there will be leaves to rake, or fronds, maybe even pine needles (wow, free mulch!) but you can pick your tree by choosing what you are willing to do to get the attributes you would like.

ASK HERE and I will help.

PLEASE PLEASE... have a tree. There was likely more than 1 on the little piece of ground you now call home, you know... back before the developer, "developed" it.
I didn't have a tree in my yard when I bought my house.