View Single Post

Old 02-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Default Much of the Villages land was open farmland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post

The point about CO2 levels is that the oxygen reproducing plants and the human producing CO2 activity balance is out of balance. So planting trees is the best and maybe only option. . .
also known as biodiversity. Golf cart use versus automobiles may be helpful . .

The point about rising earth temperatures is that the green plants some with shade have been replaced with steel, cement and asphalt, which are heat sinks. They absorb and retain heat. So TV development is contributing towards global warming.

Lets always work towards helping create more O so that we can use O as we please. .
One thing that you have tried to mislead us with is that, in the last 12 years that I have been here, much of the land that the Villages has built on was open (for grazing) farmland. It may have once contained many trees, but that was long before the the Villages acquired and built upon it. I have seen them many times take the large Oaks and build around them , thus saving the trees. In the past I have seen them remove some large trees only to transplant them in a new area ( this blocks the roads for a few hours at a time). Anyway I do love the trees. We have a large bottle brush an olive tree and a well trimmed crepe myrtle that grows up to about 30 feet high each summer.