View Single Post

Old 02-23-2024, 11:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,103 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer38 View Post
I know this is like beating a dead horse, and yes, I have read tons of info on the Villages. I will be coming down next week for a quick visit and then working a lifestyle visit in June.

There is no better feedback than having a ride along with a Villages Owner.

I know this may seem out of the ordinary, but would anyone be willing to show me around? Give me the full monty of the place. Especially the best places to buy.

We can meet in a public place and I will show you my license and credentials. I will even buy you lunch or dinner anywhere you want to go. Information that many of you have is invaluable and worth every penny for dinner/lunch. You can even bring your spouse or friend.

Sorry, if this is out of line for this forum, not my intention.

Jim
My gut reaction says nice idea, but my brain says No. I think you would better served spending your time with a real estate agent. At the very least you would need to define your expectations. Age, marital status hobbies, sports, new home, resale, size, style (Villa, designer, premier), location (near town centers, remote).

A strong recommendation is a leisurely drive from the top of The Villages. CR42 down Buena Vista observing the neighborhoods as you go south. Recognize, that The Villages was developed from North to South. When you get to CR 44, you will find the newer developments as you continue south.

You will note that as you drive south, the homes are newer and so is the bulk of the people.
You will also note that the infrastructure of restaurants, stores etc is more developed in the north.

Also, explore US441/27, CR 466, CR466A, CR44 (more or less east west) for commercial Development.