View Single Post

Old 02-25-2024, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The most dependable , maintenance free, bulletproof carts you can get hands down are the mid 2013 through 2016 gas Yamaha EFI carts. The carburetor Yamaha’s before then are good, but not as maintenance free. In 2017, Yamaha introduced the Quiet Tech, which has the rear independent suspension and is quieter, but has proven to be less dependable. Older electric carts that aren’t lithium don’t hold their value well at all, and for good reason. The jury is still out on how well the newer lithium electric carts will hold their value. We use a very good golf cart mechanic, who works on carts all day long six days per week, who told me to never sell our ultra dependable 2014 Yamaha EFI.
Of course your mechanic would tell you to never sell your older gas cart. That's how he makes his living. I had a Yamaha Drive 2 for 5 years. Every year there was something getting worked on or replaced. I now have an Evolution D5 lithium cart. Not much to do on these carts other than grease the wheel bearings once a year.