View Single Post

Old 02-26-2024, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Schimpf View Post
Revenue from a group of 20 Residents who play 2 x week, year round based on a low-average of 16/20 players.

Enhancement Memberships $16,160
Winter - Greens Fees $34,608
Summer - Green Fees $37,120
Restaurant - $32,000
Total Revenue $119,888

1. First there was a cut-back in how often our sand traps were raked.
2. Now there are several courses that are practically unplayable due to the condition of the greens.
3. We are experiencing 5-hour rounds of golf since some Ambassadors who when are asked why 3, 4-somes are on the same hole they reply with "Everyone's On Time" - Obviously not true.

Which leads us to the question -
1. Why has David Williams, our Golf Operations Manager and the Course Superintendents allowed this to happen and what is being done to correct it?
2. Do you think they would care more if our group, like others, decided to play "out-side" of The Villages and lose the $120,000 of revenue ?
Is it possible the greens conditions have to do with the unseasonably cool weather we have had the last couple months? I wonder if certain types of grass on the greens hasn't been able to grow in this weather? I played Harbor Hills just outside the Villages this weekend and the greens were great. I've played Hacienda and Southern Oaks inside the Villages and the greens were great. So some are fine and some are not with the same weather? To me that clearly says either different types of grass responding differently to weather conditions or different qualities of golf course management.