View Single Post

Old 02-26-2024, 09:26 AM

Agreed !

But not one person yet has mentioned the demeanor of the tenants that you will be subjected too as a tentative landlord.
We have had 5 rental homes in TV since 2008 and have been in the rental business for 35 years in Wisconsin as well.
Overall it has been just okay but by no means did we get " rich " in the TV rental game believe me. We were extremely lucky to have broken even for the most part.

Some tenants did do damage to our homes...red wine spilled on new carpeting and furniture, cigarette burns in our furniture, items stolen from the house, dents in the garage door, excess company on thier part filled the house and parked illegally in the neighbor driveways , dog poop left all over the yard, and constant partying day and night just to name a few considerations you may encounter...needless to say the neighbors there were not fond of us many times and they let us know it.

Overall, the big picture.. it really is not worth the expense and the headaches involved in my opinion thru our experiences.

Eastport is going to be a beautiful area to live, my suggestion is buy your dream home there and YOU live in it and enjoy it !
If you want to rent it out to just friends you know or family to enjoy, that also is an option.