View Single Post

Old 02-27-2024, 10:45 AM
Default Home Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager2be View Post
Hi All,

Hoping to get some feedback from those who have been around TV since the 2008/09 Great Recession, I have been getting "pro" feedback that the 08-09 housing crash nationally, and in Florida specifically, essentially had zero impact on the Villages market, that TV was a rare exception and was essentially unscathed, can that possibly be true?

The same source also indicates that I am practically assured that any new home that I buy now will be worth ~$100k more in a year once the neighborhood/area is completed and more mature. As great as that would be, I am not drinking that kool-aid (yet, lol!), especially as it seems the market has been softening a bit over the last year (can it be?).

Given your experience, and how far the market has come, would you even be concerned about downside risk? I am buying as a snowbird owner/resident but also hope to recoup expenses by hosting for the remainder of the year via short term rentals through a property management company. I'd rather not buy at a market peak, I would just rent for now if I thought that was the case.
Hello, we bought 2 years ago.
We bought a patio villa as we were here on a quick weekend. Our homes are quite cute, but we are looking to upside a bit.

If you buy new, you can't resell for at least one year. And for capital gains you need to wait 2 years.
Well, we have waited 2 years. Our patio villas have appreciated about 50k in 2 years. However, by the we pay commissions and fees, we can't afford to move to a bit larger home. These patio villas are perfect for rentals from what I hear. Most everyone on our block is full time.