View Single Post

Old 02-27-2024, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
A house is an asset not an investment. You make no money on a house unless you sell it, but the house will cost you thousands a years in taxes, maintenance, fees, and insurance. Investments make me money every day.
I’ll never be a landlord ever again, I make much more money in the stock market, sleep easy at night, and when I want out, it costs me $5 and takes 10 seconds. When 2008 hit, I had friends that had rental property that dropped 50% in value and they couldn’t sell the property, and if they could sell, it cost them 5-6% on top of that.
But, I think the villages is the best place to buy a home and make money in the long run over most other cities I’ve lived in or know. The villages is a bubble where you aren’t going to get the riots/major crime that other places have which is a plus and millions of people are moving here in Florida, so there is demand here
Why were you a landlord, was it to make money? If so, how did you intend to make that money, through income, capital appreciation or both?