View Single Post

Old 02-28-2024, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
No they don't "differ by a lot". They all have the exact same premise. The Insured doesn't get to control their medical services, the Insurer does and they're a profit making entity.

Advantage Plans are cheaper & give away "freebies" as you mentioned.

The fact that SHINE said "they're a very good solution for you, doesn't make them better or even equal to Medicare + a Supplemental. It means that in your particular financial/health position, it's a good option.

They're a cost based solution, for folks trying to save money. There's nothing else anyone needs to know about them.
You make a lot of assumptions, our decision was not cost based. We think our plan is best for us. It's not a one size fits all thing as you seem to be saying. Having options is a good thing.

I'll defer to Golfing Eagles, who by the way is a healthcare provider. I actually asked my longtime pcp in Indiana about this as well, he basically echoed golfing eagles.

Your commenting on something you really aren't up to speed on.
Again, how much actual research have you done on ALL the different advantage plans?
Btw, I know what SHINE was saying. Duh.

My point is you're trying to say all advantage plans are bad, and that's just flat wrong.
Over 50% of new medicare enrollees opt for advantage plans. Thats a lot of people. I don't think they're just blindly going that route for cost alone. I'm sure many did their homework and research just like we did.

But we can agree to disagree on this.

Last edited by MX rider; 02-28-2024 at 12:40 PM.