View Single Post

Old 02-28-2024, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,058 Times in 4,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I'm not sure that anecdotal evidence, dispels anything. As with any business (& you surely know medicine has become a "business"), human nature and human competency, always trumps theory. In this case, the theory being that Advantage programs should be offering a level of medical care, consistent with other options. They all don't and at minimum, all depend on the competency, dedication and (your word) effort, of one's PCP.

As for "directing one's healthcare", I agree that folks shouldn't be relying on Google, but on a trusted, competent physician ... unencumbered by the corporate policy of a profit-making conglomerate.

(& I understand that Medicare has it's own standards and "rules", but manipulating and navigating Medicare rules, when the government is the overseer, seems much simpler to do, than negotiating/arguing/challenging/maneuvering through a structure controlled by competent, corporate America professionals.)

We can agree to disagree.

(& I'll bet a dollar, that the $1700/Month you're paying for your health insurance, with that huge deductible, allows you to see any physician you want and bet another dollar, it's a BCBS program!)
You'd win both bets, but I can't pay up since I'm spending 100x as much each month as OBB. (Actually, I think she owes me a thank you for subsidizing her premium)

But then riddle me this: With all my expertise, I get Medicare in 2 months and have already signed up for my advantage plan. Am I stupid? Ignorant? Gullible? (on second thought, don't answer that)