View Single Post

Old 03-01-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
This story is familiar---especially for new folks, but we're not new here. We've had a handful of dentists in the almost 15 yrs we've lived here. They leave or insurance changes (which most recently happened with us). Thought I'd found someone but I'm getting frustrated with them. It's Wildwood Dentists on Hwy 44....yes I've recently heard things that are negative re: them but they'd seemed fine with us. I had to have crowns and today they were to be inserted. I called yesterday to double-check on the app't because the last time something happened re: the lab. they use. Well I get there at appointed time, was told to take a seat and waited maybe 15 or 20 minutes when they called me up. I was told the lab was confused or some convoluted thing and things wouldn't be ready for another week. It's already been THREE!! We have FL Blue so looks like I'll be making phone calls around to find someone whose more reliable. I don't want to drive all over the area (we live between 466 and 466A). Can anyone recommend reliable dentists in this area. When ever, in the past, we thought we'd find found someone and was with them awhile then their circumstances changed. I know this one is a large corporation (didn't know that in the beginning) so suspect it's about profits etc. I'd thought they'd use a local lab but apparently not. I'm mostly venting but word of mouth here seems to work pretty well, generally. TY!!
I've had to use VIP Dentistry 3 times, including once to remove sutures from a procedure up north. I wasn't charged for this, and the other visits were great. I don't have dental insurance so I can't tell you what they take.

Dentist, The Villages, FL | VIP Dentistry