Thread: Grass Rant
View Single Post

Old 03-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,689 Times in 3,175 Posts

Our pest control guy "Lee Pest Control" said the constant brown patch near our driveway was a fungus. He had put down fungicide before we moved in. I pulled out the dead grass and weeds on the patch as instructed, to make room for fresh St. Augustine spreading out. But it never really did spread all that well. The rest of our front lawn is fine. The back lawn was mostly destroyed because of an overgrown, half-dead Holly tree that was rooting under the foundation of our laundry shed. We removed the tree and the whole area is still mostly just dirt and weeds. We keep the weeds mowed, so it blends in better with the grass.

We also have a problem with a dog from the house behind us; the neighbor lets him out every day, and he usually makes his way to the area where the dirt patch is, and pees there. So nothing will EVER grow in that spot until they get rid of the dog - or until the neighborhood gets rid of that neighbor.

At this point I'm content to just let them have someone else's ugly back yard to endure. We don't go back there anyway except to mow it and for me to check on the lemon tree (it's blossoming, OMG the fragrance is intoxicating), and their lanai overlooks it.