View Single Post

Old 03-04-2024, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,059 Times in 4,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Anyone do a study on short term rental numbers and the impact on the overall number of golf course and amenities usage as far as getting tee times and wear and tear on both?

Not every resident living or renting long term use the amenities at all or everyday.

Short term renters are at T V resort for a visit to use the amenities and to... PLAY GOLF and hang out at the town squares for a couple of days, weeks, or month. Yippee!!

Seems like the deplorable golf courses and tee time issues are a no brainer to me. Think people care about long term resident's pride in ownership and amenity conditions when they are breezing through? "Drive it like a rental".
Which brings up another point I've made before. Florida law may prevent communities from regulating short term rentals, but The Villages are under no obligation whatsoever to give guest passes to STRs. Would reduce the problem in a hurry. (Yes, I realize that it is technically not a guest pass but a transfer of owner ID, but no reason that couldn't be changed to exclude rentals of less than 1 month)