Thread: Grass Rant
View Single Post

Old 03-04-2024, 09:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Sorry, if you were expecting commentary on cannabis.

Is there a lawn care company out there that really knows how to keep a lawn healthy? One that does more than mowing. One with pros who advise you about what is necessary and when, like aeration, drainage problems, and repairing bare spots.

My neighbor takes care of his own lawn. His looks much better than mine, and I've been paying thousands a year for mowing and treatments. The other day, I asked the guy doing the mowing why my grass looks stressed and brown after cutting, compared to my neighbor's. He could only guess. Well, at least he didn't blame it on El Nino. I've had a contract with (rhymes with beans) for 11 years. It seems like their service ain't what it used to be. True, they respond to my complaints, but no improvements.
I’m not trying to be a prude but I do my own lawn & my lawn looks better than most but I do see lawns that some people do there own & theirs looks better than most golf courses. I use to get a lawn service & it looked worse I came to the conclusion that they were doing your yard work only for the money, & they gave you some song & dance & blaming it on something else. I know some people & Lawn Service won’t give you do it yourselfers any credit but think they’re service is great! Personally I do my own & I think it looks better than any lawn service. Personally I think the grass down here is about as close to weeds as you can get, it terrible. Sorry but all I can tell you is do your own it won’t look any worse,sorry!