View Single Post

Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

This has been an extremely informative thread. If nothing else, it certainly has given a lot of ideas for things to keep in mind when scoping things out.

If Southwest Airlines would cooperate and offer a "Ding!" fare to Orlando or Tampa in the middle of December, my fiancee and I are ready to come down for the LSL - though we could only spare a weekender.

After all this, there seems to be a lot of common sense here - even in the responses to what seemed to be trolls. I know if I had extreme negative opinions, I could find more polite ways to put them.

There were a couple of things I didn't expect though.

I think I'd have to find a bit more relaxed village for my fiancee who likes a few small yard decorations.

And the way-uptopic discussion about people who don't care where their dogs go - clashing with the idea that I wouldn't be able to put up a fence. Not even a classic Americana white picket one?

I honestly think that, at least for me, the big decision will be the "yard nazi" factor. How bad is it - and I'm sure it varies by village - and what the specific restrictions are. I'm still in a bit of shock over the fact that I'm even considering this for the future - because there's SO much on the positive side...