View Single Post

Old 03-06-2024, 05:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,734 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Well, I don't know about that. There's lots of golfcarts easier to get than mine. I don't park at the square with my clubs in the back and the key in the switch! I even have a kill switch! And, while I may have never lived closer to New York than I am right now, I'm so paranoid, I sleep with a shotgun under my bed -- and I don't even have a shrink. But of all the crazy things I worry about, someone stealing my golfcart hardly makes the list. For crying out loud, I drive a Kia! I'm crazy, I tell you!

So if my relative insanity helps you sleep better at night, you're welcome. All you need now is a $1,000 car alarm and a GPS chip so the gooberment always knows where you parked your golf cart, and you're golden!
I opted for the bar that connects the steering wheel to either the pedal or the frame. Several reasons: Real obvious to see, so hopefully potential thief just keeps on walking, and pretty easy to manipulate on and off. Also pretty cheap. I didn't get the real expensive one because I figure I'll lose the key and need to cut it off. But a thief, generally being an opportunist, will just find a target more easy to steel than mine. There will be plenty to choose from.

I understand that KIAs are common targets for car thieves, and relatively easy to steal. You better be careful!