View Single Post

Old 03-11-2024, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,592 Times in 3,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Personally, I don't have a problem with big brother tracking my driving. But, a 21 percent increase in premiums may have nothing to do with the driving report. I had Allstate auto insurance for 27 years with no claims, no tickets, no excessive driving usage, and very little highway driving, and they raised my premium by 32 percent. Go figure.
I've had Allstate all my adult life, and my parents had Allstate when I was growing up. Our insurance went down when we moved here. It's gone up a little bit since then, but it's still less than it was when we lived up north, 5 years ago. Plus - I signed up for their Drivewise program. I figure they know every move I make anyway, I might as well get a discount for the privilege. So I get 3% off my premium just because I signed up for the program. And if my driving habits are "clean" I get up to another 7% discount.

That's on top of all the discounts we get now. We're paying around $1400 per -year- for two vehicles, combined, and another $200 (give or take a few bucks) for the two golf carts.